Many people work online nowadays, often from the comfort of their own homes.
This kind of work is so appealing, especially to those who have families, as there are many advantages.
- You don't have to worry about paying for commuting or parking.
- You never get stuck in traffic.
- You choose the hours you work.
- You are always available should somebody in your family need you.
- You can rearrange your hours allowing you to take time off to go and watch your child's ballet recital.
- You can be mobile if you wish, working from the coffee shop instead of your kitchen table.
- You have access to all your own luxuries and amenities and
- You can even go to work in your pyjamas if you wish!
Lots of entrepreneurs are seeing the benefits of working online, at home. There are however, a few drawbacks
- You don't have much direct interaction with people/colleagues.
- It can be lonely being at home all day, alone.
- People think that just because you are at home they can pop round or call you for a chat (they don't understand that you are actually at work)
- They also believe that as you are at home all day then the you have plenty of time to make sure that the house is spotlessly clean.
- You often end up working more hours as you can access your work 24 hours a day!
- You never leave work, so you'd better make sure that you are doing something that you love!
- If nobody is talking it can feel like a ghost town online.
- People may read what you write but they don't always comment and tell you. We are the first to complain but the last to praise!
Do you know somebody who works from home? I'm a W.A.H.Mompreneur and I love being on here. I have met the most amazing people online who help me, encourage and advise me, and even help push me along and promote me! These people are my virtual friends and I wouldn't be without any of them!
If you happen to stumble across a site and you take the time to read somebody's post then please be kind enough to let them know that you did. It's easy enough to do.
You just show them some TLC, that's 'Tweet' it, 'Like' it and 'Comment' on it!
If you are short of time just Tweet it, Like it & Google+ it! It's that simple.
Go on…show some that you appreciate them and let them know that it's NOT a ghost town out there.
A simple TLC will make somebody smile today!